6 Apps That Will Make Kids Fall in Love With God’s Word
in Technology / 22 Aug 2018
Did you know that a person’s early childhood sets the foundation for his/her spiritual journey? In fact, by the age of 13, children typically form their beliefs about the nature of God, His love and the reliability of the Bible.
So, how can churches like yours encourage children to hide God’s Word in their hearts from a young age? Here are six Bible apps that can help kids in your church learn God’s Word beyond the church walls and fall in love with it while doing so! Keep reading to identify which apps you’d like to introduce in your church.
This free Bible game by Scripture Union takes kids on an adventurous route to help them explore their relationship with God and the Bible. Here’s a quick look at some key features of this app:
- Caters for kids aged 8 to 11 years
- Comprises 30+ biblical stories
- Includes ‘Story of the Saga’ and ‘Theatre of the Saga’ to help children read biblical stories and watch related videos
- Features a ‘Parent Portal’ to help parents keep track of their kids’ accomplishments on the app
- Offers a handy e-book to help you use this app in a classroom setting
Considering that 91% of kids play video games, this Bible game app is sure to be loved by the kids in your church. So, click here to dive into the world of Ancora and see how this app can help kids grow in God’s word.
With more than 14 million downloads in 3 years, this app continues to be one of the favourite apps among kids and families the world over. And for good reason! With touch-screen animation and dynamic narration, this apps takes kids on delight-filled journeys alongside Bible heroes including Moses, Noah and Joseph. Here are more reasons to love this app:
- Caters for kids between the ages of 2 and 8 years
- Packed with 40+ interactive biblical stories
- Includes fun facts, activities and challenges
- Available in 30+ languages (regional and national)
- Offers a 2-year curriculum for children’s ministries
Kids can build the ark with Noah, watch Moses part the Red Sea, walk with Jesus in the garden and more on the app! In fact, here’s a look at how God Makes A Way for the Israelites as shown in the app.
As your next step, you can click here to check out the Bible App for Kids and explore all the delights it has in store for children.
Adventure, interactive games, videos, trivia, Bible verses, life-like animation – the Superbook Kids Bible App has all the ingredients for a great children’s Bible app! Here’s a quick look at some of its key features:
- Features 14 free, full-length episodes from the Emmy-nominated Superbook series that covers 14 biblical stories
- Offers answers to commonly asked questions from a biblical perspective
- Allows kids to personalise their experience by attaching notes to Bible verses or adding pictures of friends/family to Bible passages
- Includes multiple Bible versions
This app certainly packs a punch for the kids in your church! Learn all there is to know about the Superbook Kids Bible App here.
With a vision to reach “Every Child, Every Nation, Every Day”, Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) created the God’s Word: Hide it app. As the name suggests, this app is designed to help kids learn Bible verses and enjoy themselves while doing so. Check out these exciting features of the app:
- Helps kids memorise Bible verses through songs, puzzles and other activities
- Explains keywords or phrases in verses so that kids can learn the meaning instead of learning by rote
- Includes a ‘Parent Portal’ that is packed with tried-and-tested materials based on CEF’s 70+ years of experience in children’s ministry
Would you like to learn more about the app? Click here to explore the God’s Word: Hide It app.
With more than 6 million copies sold, the best-selling Bible storybook – The Beginner’s Bible – is also available at the click of a button! This app is loaded with features that are sure to make children fall in love with God’s Word. Take a look:
- Caters for kids aged 2 to 6 years
- Comes with 94 biblical stories for children
- Includes puzzles, colouring pages, compelling narration, sound effects and more to bring God’s word to life
- Offers a free ‘Story Pack’ with 6 biblical stories
Would you like to learn more about how this app can encourage kids to spend time with God’s Word? Click here and explore The Beginner’s Bible app.
This app guides kids to discover more about the most fascinating person – God – one adventure, one characteristic and one verse at a time. Whether it is in the desert, out in space or under the sea, each adventure reveals different qualities of God. Here are four more reasons to introduce kids to this app:
- Caters for kids between the ages of 5 and 11 years
- Teaches kids about themes such as God is Real, God is Big, God is Jesus and God is Spirit
- Suggests activities for the entire family
- Provides an easy-to-use interface for kids
If the parents in your church or teachers in your Sunday school are looking for a creative way to teach kids about the different attributes of God, this app may be just the tool! Dive into the God for Kids App here for more details.
It’s often said that the best investment made in a person’s life is in his/her early childhood. Well, what better way to invest than to instil the habit of learning God’s Word and meditating on it?
We hope that these six apps help your children’s ministry and encourage the kids in your church to enjoy spending time with God. Which of these apps will you introduce in your church this week?
If you liked this post, you might also like these:
3 min read
3 min read
4 min read