5 Online Tools to Build Your Church Website Easily
in Technology / 09 May 2016
Your church website is the face of your church online. It meets and greets people 24/7, 365 days a year. Therefore, your website deserves to be dealt with the utmost care and skill. However, if you don’t have the time or the resources to hire a designer-developer to build your website, this blog post can be your saving grace.
We have listed five tools that can help you create an attractive website for your church without any hassle. What’s more, we have pinned down the pros and cons for each tool to save you the trouble of doing extensive research.
Here are the five tools to help you set up an effective website for your church – in the easiest way possible:
Wix is a great choice for you if you don’t have the spare time to build a church website. Take a look at what this tool has to offer:
- Offers 510 beautiful and professional-looking templates.
- Gives you maximum flexibility to customise your website.
- Provides advanced features and updated designs on a regular basis.
- Offers help and support buttons at every stage of building your website.
- Prevents you from changing your template at a later stage.
With over 77 million users, plus 45,000 new users added every day, Wix has proven to be a legitimate and reputed service with good customer care. Interested in learning more about Wix? Try it out for yourself right here.
If you are looking to build a website that stands apart, Squarespace is your best bet. Here is what Squarespace brings to the table:
- Gives extensive styling options to customise your website.
- Provides comprehensive data about your website’s performance.
- Generates good-looking responsive mobile sites automatically.
- Offers exceptional customer care with a policy to reply to every e-mail query in less than 1 hour.
- Has great blogging features. This can be very useful since blogs are becoming an integral part of ministry. Click here to read how blogs can help you take the gospel to the multitudes.
- Does not have a smooth drag-and-drop feature.
- Separates the editing and preview screens, making it hard to visualise the
Squarespace offers high-quality designs and templates for a fraction of the price that you would pay a web developer. Therefore, do consider testing Squarespace for your website. In fact, you can start with its 14-day risk-free trial period.
One of the popular website builders, Weebly has created over 30 million websites worldwide. Weebly’s user-friendly interface is just one of its many appreciated features. Take a look at what else this tool offers:
- Provides unlimited levels of drop-down menus for your web pages.
- Gives you the freedom to switch between templates, allowing your website to be updated with the latest design trends.
- Automatically generates good-looking and responsive mobile websites.
- Presents basic website statistics even if you register for the free service.
- Allows you to export and import your website onto a different host with ease. This enables you to continue improving your website without the hassle of rebuilding it from scratch.
- Gives you little control over content and image placement.
- Offers you an e-mail account through Google Apps at an additional cost.
Despite these shortcomings, Weebly remains a popular website building tool out there. Click here to give it a try.
With over 60 million domain names and 13 million paying users, GoDaddy has certainly established itself as a capable and reliable service. Take a look at what’s in store for you at GoDaddy:
- Offers a comprehensive set of website building tools with an intuitive
- Presents 300 professional-looking designs and templates that are pre-populated with strategically placed content.
- Boasts a strong 24/7, 365 days support system.
- Allows you to take backup copies and restore sections with ease.
- Restricts you from changing the template of your website at a later stage.
- Offers you a very basic view of the website on a mobile device. With people increasingly browsing on their phones, this can be a big drawback.
Having said that, if you think GoDaddy checks all the boxes for you, go ahead and try it out today.
Webs has become increasingly popular, with more than 55 million websites to its credit. Let’s take a quick look at what makes Webs so popular:
- Lets you easily arrange the various website elements by dragging and dropping them into the given sections.
- Allows you to provide a multiple-user login facility directly on your website.
- Provides you with an app store that enables integration of third-party tools and features with your Webs website.
- Presents a limited number of templates for use.
- Does not facilitate further edits on the templates, preventing you from adding high-end features to your website.
Nevertheless, Webs has some unique features that are worth trying out. Click here to explore Webs for your website.
Which of these tools is best suited for your church website? We hope that this blog post has helped you identify the right tools to help you build your church website with ease. Additionally, make sure that you include these 10 key elements while building your church website.
We have also compiled a list of 50 Common Mistakes on Church Websites that you need to stay away from! Get this curated list in our FREE e-book below and transform your church website into a highly effective one.
If you liked this post, you might also like these:
4 min read
3 min read
3 min read